Bayou Bounty Hunters
A Cowboy Action Shooting Club
Please note Hangin at Coyote Creek has been moved. It will now be the 1st weekend in November on the 6th and 7th
With the State now in Phase 1, the BBH of LA has restarted our monthly matches the weekend 5/23/2020! We’ll be shooting the newly remodeled Stage-1 Bath House, with the added waterfall feature over the bath tub, where the shooter will shoot shotgun targets through the cascade. We’ll also have a Derringer incorporated into another stage. Registration begins at 8:15, Shooting at 9am and EXACT CHANGE required ($5 or $10) no change given, due to the CoVid.
As a reminder, 2020 is not a state match year for us, so this year’s “Hangin at Coyote Creek” match is condensed and will be bumped up one weekend to the 1st weekend of November (Fri & Sat, Nov 6th – 7th) to avoid a conflict elsewhere in the state. This year’s Hangin will have Friday long range shooting followed by Saturday’s 6 retro, prop heavy stages, for $40. Next year, the BBH will host the full, 3 day LA State Match on our normal 2nd weekend in November.
For each match, all shooters must adhere to the following CoVid safeguards, that most if not all, SASS clubs are utilizing:
- If you’re sick or feel a temperature, stay home, do not come to the match. If you’re in a susceptible risk group, you should strongly consider not coming to the range.
- Avoid groupings of 10 or more people in any confined areas. The clubhouse will only be used for bathroom visits.
- Pre-match registration and scores will take place outside the clubhouse. This is an “EXACT CHANGE ($5 or $10) match”, to avoid the handling of banknotes.
- Shooter, RO and 3 spotters will be the only persons on the stage, with no more than two (2) at the loading table at a time.
- Follow the recommended 6 ft social distancing guidelines with no physical contact. Face covering (nose and mouth) should be worn anytime a person is within 6 feet of another person. A bandana or scarf would suffice.
- Hand sanitizer should be used after any use of common objects such as ink pens, sign-in sheets, timers, scoring tablets etc.
- Spent brass should only be picked up and transferred with a device and not by hand. All shooters need to handle their own guns.
- ONLY the Posse Marshal shall handle the Posse Book with the Stage scenario sheets and Posses will not use spotter flags.
- Pulls for knock-down targets may be handled with the use of a bandana or other such barrier device.
- Please bring a face mask or other cover for use when in close proximity of others (on stage during the reading of the scenario).
Dusty Sometimes – Club Treasurer/T.G.
Monthly matches are back!
The Bayou Bounty Hunters would like to remind all club members that the FPSC is open to Long Range shooters Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12n – 4p and Saturdays (when cowboy matches are not bring held) from 8a – 12n, before skeet matches start in the afternoons. When using the long range facilities please remember range safety basics and be aware of any persons who may inadvertently enter the area.
Great shot of Tobin Kid spewing fire from his ’66 at Hangin’!
Photo courtesy of Foard County News
Please welcome our new shooter:
Beaver Creek Kid
Click on the YouTube link to watch the videos!
Our latest Young Gun shooter! Welcome Blue Steele! Standing next to Dusty Sometimes.
Dakota Steele and Mrs. Dee Steele are the proud Grandparents of Blue Steele!
Aerial view of the range!
Visitors and spectators are welcome to join us for monthly matches. Eye protection is required and hearing protection is highly recommended. (These will be provided should you need them.) We shoot the 2nd Saturday and 4th Saturday of each month and matches beginning at 9:00 AM.
Long range shooting event on the 5th Saturdays throughout the year. (For 2019, that will be March, June, August and November.)”
2020 BBH Club Officers
President Tobin Kid
Vice President Kentucky Tom
Secretary Runnin Rose
Territorial Governor/Treasurer Dusty Sometimes
Members at Large:
Foard County News
In order for new shooters to participate in a monthly match, a Safety Orientation class is required.
Orientation classes are held at the range. If you are interested in participating in matches with the Bayou Bounty Hunters and need to schedule a New Shooter’s Orientation class, please call Dusty Sometimes at 225-771-9923.